Sunday, March 04, 2007

What a Weekend

This was one busy weekend. Friday night Heather, Fizell, and I drove down to Waco to watch the Mesquite High School basketball team play. Most of the kids of the team came through Agnew and I taught and coached (football) most of them as well. Not only did they win Friday night, but they also won Saturday night, which means they are two wins away from a state championship. I will be leaving Wednesday night and will be in Austin to see them play. Now, after the game Friday night we drove back to Mesquite at went to bed around 11:30.

Saturday my parents came into town. My parents arrived around noon and we did some shopping and at lunch. Heather and I were able to find a fichus tree for our room and a mirror to hang over my dresser. After shopping we came home rested a little and then drove down to the West End for dinner. We had dinner, and then made our way to the American Airlines Center to watch the Mavericks play. It was a little scary game. The mavs where in the lead most the game, but around half time Orlando made a run and the game was close the rest of the way. I also forgot to bring my phone so I could not get updates on the Mesquite High game. Luckily Heather was able to call her dad and he was able to look the game up on-line. Again, we made it to bed around 11:30. (Most of the time we are in bed by ten)

Today was a much easier day. Got up, went to Church, ate lunch, and took a nap. Next week will be just a busy.

“Getting on a player is not necessarily appreciated. But caring about somebody doesn’t mean making it easy for them. Caring is helping them to develop their traits and talents.”

Lou Holtz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home